As chair of KJK’s Banking & Finance Group, Anne specializes in commercial transactions involving investors, financial institutions and corporate borrowers, in a wide variety of secured and unsecured complex debt financing transactions, including asset based financing, structured and mezzanine finance, SWAP and derivative transactions, mezzanine and other investment capital transactions and complex intercreditor agreements. She also represents both lenders and borrowers in restructurings, reorganizations and workouts.
Before launching her legal practice, Anne worked in institutional fixed income securities sales as an NASD Series 7 licensed securities broker and as an officer of a major financial institution in credit underwriting and middle market lending. From her years in banking and the capital markets, Anne developed an astute eye for the details in financial statements, financial covenants and the role of the capital markets in financial transactions.
Anne is also a skilled negotiator in real estate transactions, serving as counsel to owners, borrowers, lenders and developers. She has expertise in matters of property acquisition, development, due diligence, construction, financing, leasing and purchase agreements and divestiture.
Anne also chairs KJK’s Public Finance Group, advising states, counties and municipalities, port authorities, higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations and other types of public issuers, as well as underwriters, lenders, letter of credit and liquidity providers, and borrowers.
Outside of her legal work, Anne is a musical theatre buff and loves a good movie. She also enjoys hiking in Ohio’s state parks with her husband and two children.
“I’m calm in a crisis, an effective negotiator and a quick study. I’m confident as lead counsel in complex transactions, and I’m not afraid to work long and hard to close the deal.” – Anne T. Corrigan
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1992, magna cum laude
- Case Western Reserve University Law Review, author
- John Carroll University, B.S., Economics, 1986, magna cum laude
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Banking & Finance Section
- Real Estate Section
- Commercial Finance Association, Northeast Ohio Chapter
- National Registry of Who’s Who
- Series 7 NASD Securities License, 1987 to 1989
- Ohio State Courts
- John Marshall Gersting Award for Economics, John Carroll University, 1986
- American Jurisprudence Award: Contracts, Case Western Reserve University, 1990
- Serves as counsel to all types of borrowers in complex debt financings, including inter-creditor negotiations, recapitalizations, and loan workouts
- Advises financial institutions on virtually all types of secured transactions, including syndicated transactions, real estate loans, floor plan financing (automotive and watercraft), asset-based lending, structured finance, mezzanine finance and middle-market working capital loans
- Represented a nonprofit organization in the assemblage and development of a 100-acre site for its international headquarters, including complex negotiations with adjacent property owners, wetlands impact issues and tax exemption status
- Served as bond counsel on a multi-series bond issue for financing the development and relocation of a local headquarters/office building and domiciliary for a federal agency
- Served as bond counsel and college counsel to several higher education institutions in connection with bond offerings, including negotiation, pricing and structuring of credit enhancement and liquidity facilities
- Served as bond counsel to a local medical school in connection with the financing of the relocation of its main campus
- Drafts and negotiates mortgage and construction loan documents, environmental indemnities, and analyzing survey and title matters and other due diligence relating to commercial real estate financing transactions of all types