Samir provides exceptional, client-focused legal services through value-based fee agreements. As Partner in Charge of the Firm’s Columbus office, Samir resolves client issues concerning commercial litigation, business law, estate planning, and employment.
What makes Samir unique though is his fixed-fee, value-based approach to billing, which allows clients to know in advance how much they will pay for legal services. He is known for taking a sincere and serious approach to every one of his clients’ matters.
As a testament to his client-focused approach, Samir was selected as one of the Top 5 Lawyers in Columbus and Top 100 Lawyers in Ohio and received Columbus Business First’s prestigious “Forty Under 40” award. He is also an adjunct professor at the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law where he teaches concepts in drafting and negotiating corporate purchase agreements.
Samir’s litigation practice encompasses multi-jurisdictional, complex commercial disputes, such as his role as lead counsel in the successful resolution of a $6.3 million combined breach of sales representative agreement and construction dispute pending in U.S., Canadian, and Mexican federal courts. Samir is well-versed in partnership and closely-held company shareholder, FLSA, harassment, class-action, trade secret, and competition litigation.
Samir also assists families and professionals in Ohio and Michigan in establishing estate plans, including trusts, wills, powers of attorney, foreign beneficiaries, and asset protection trusts. And for privately held businesses, Samir provides services related to entity formation, customer and vendor contracts, executive and employment agreements, and employment and discrimination lawsuits.
During law school, Samir served as an extern for Magistrate Mark R. Abel of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Active in his community, Samir and his wife founded The Berkshire Triathlon, a 501(c)(3) charity, which has raised more than $65,000 for sick children in Central Ohio benefiting Flying Horse Farms, Nationwide Children’s Hospital and the Ronald McDonald House.
“I take my clients’ matters seriously. I put their interests above all else. And I provide candid, actionable, and valuable advice.” – Samir B. Dahman
- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2007
- Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal, Executive Editor
- University of Michigan, B.A., Economics, 2002
- City of Upper Arlington Leadership Program, Graduate
- Flying Horse Farms Development Committee, Member
- Ohio State University Honors & Scholars Program External Advisory Committee, Past Advisory Board Member
- Supreme Court of Ohio Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program, Mentor
- The Berkshire Triathlon benefiting Flying Horse Farms, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and the Ronald McDonald House, Co-founder and Past-President
- Upper Arlington Junior High and J.V. Hockey Teams, Past Coach
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Adjunct Professor
- State Bar of Michigan
- Ohio State Courts
- Michigan State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Leadership Upper Arlington Distinguished Alumni Award, 2017
- “Forty Under 40,” Columbus Business First, 2015
- Top 5: 2015 Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Columbus Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Ohio Super Lawyer 2014 – 2018
- Ohio Rising Star 2012 – 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- The Founders Entrepreneurial Spirit Award for Significant and Lasting Contribution to the Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal, 2007
- “To the Victor Go the Spoils (and the Calzones),” Oct. 23, 2017
- National Business Institute, Clarifying Procedures in Mergers and Acquisitions of Privately-Held Companies, Jun. 27, 2017
- Allied Universal, Workplace Violence: Planning & Prevention, May 10, 2017
- Upper Arlington High School Cum Laude Society Induction, Mar. 26, 2017
- “Estate Planning for Small Business Owners,” Nov. 18, 2016
- “The Resilient Professional: Learning How to Rebound, Adapt & Thrive.” Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Professionalism, Oct. 21, 2016
- “Section 2704 Proposed Changes,” Sept. 16, 2016
- “The Critical Role of Subpoenas in Litigation,” Aug. 4, 2016
- “Preparing the Leaders of Tomorrow’s Changing the Legal Profession,” Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Professionalism, Nov. 14, 2014
- “LLCs: From Formation to Special Uses,” National Business Institute, Sept. 30, 2013
- “Construction Defect Litigation: From A to Z,” National Business Institute, Mar. 4, 2013
- “Avoiding the ‘Friday to Monday Law’: FMLA Best Practices,” Mar. 23, 2010
- “Protecting Your IP Rights in China: An Overview of the Process,” Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal, 2006
“Samir Dahman and his team are excellent advocates for their clients. I retained Mr. Dahman on behalf of my small business to represent my interests in a civil suit for breach of contract. His firm worked diligently preparing court filings in a timely manner, informing me of the meaning of each filing and remaining confident on winning my case. In the courtroom, Mr. Dahman is a confident and passionate defender of his clients’ positions. I am pleased to recommend his services.”
— Joe Clement, RAE Associates
“Samir Dahman and his team were both extremely attentive, knowledgeable, and swift with communication for any and every question I had during the four months of my legal process. They truly cared about assisting me by any means necessary, even if that meant getting little to no sleep researching and preparing my case for the eventual landslide win. A $0 result from mediation and no further damages — I couldn’t have imagined a more favorable outcome, all resulting from Samir’s hard work and dedication to me and my case.”
— Edward Southworth, Eddie’s Calzones
“Team KJK, thank you once again for your hard work and dedication with regard to assisting us in driving home a successful resolution these last seven days! We are very pleased with the outcome and very much appreciate your service.”
— Astro Business
- Lead counsel in a two-week jury trial defending a family business and its CEO against sexual harassment claims originally by six plaintiffs, where the CEO admitted having sex with 8 employees, and facing liability of more than $3 million, obtained an outcome essentially awarding one plaintiff just $16,000.
- Prevailed in bet-the-company litigation by obtaining complete defense verdict following preliminary injunction in Federal Court on behalf of small business accused of trademark, trade dress, and copyright infringement; breach of contract; misappropriation of trade secrets; Ohio Deceptive Trade Practices Act, unfair competition, tortious interference with business, and unjust enrichment.
- Successfully resolved $6.3 million combined breach of sales representative agreement and construction dispute pending in U.S., Canadian and Mexican federal courts
- Prevailed in bench trial in $3.8 million breach of settlement agreement action against national bank, and was awarded $120,000 in legal fees
- Settled $2.6 million lawsuit filed in federal court by one of the largest law firms in the Midwest for violations of trade secret, non-compete, and tortious interference laws
- Achieved successful resolution of $2.4 million joint venture dispute pending in multiple jurisdictions
- Prevailed at week-long jury trial on behalf of business by obtaining $42,000 in breach of contract action, while obtaining directed verdict on adversary’s fraud and conversion claims and a verdict throwing out adversary’s $650,000 breach of contract and trade secret misappropriation claims
- Serves as outside general counsel to a number of companies, from manufacturers and distributors to marketing and international software companies
- Established estate plans for numerous families in Ohio and Michigan, including revocable trusts, wills, powers of attorney, foreign beneficiaries and guardians, and other supporting documents
- Organized, merged, acquired, restructured, and divested dozens of privately-held companies in the technology, outsourcing, marketing, medical, manufacturing and services industries
- Obtained complete return of investor’s equity in excess of $190,000 in closely held investment partnership dispute
- Argued and successfully obtained and defended injunctive relief in numerous business disputes