Jennifer brings an analytical mind and attention to detail to broad variety of cases, including intellectual property, healthcare law, cyberlaw, general litigation and general corporate matters.
Jennifer’s forte is digging deep into the details of her clients’ cases and using her analytical skills to create a strategy for successful outcomes. But she is also skilled at communicating the most complex elements of a case to a client in a way that’s easy to understand. Putting her skills with technology, including document automation and data organization, she has served as the project manager for a number of major projects, including a significant brand protection campaign for a consumer products manufacturer, Cleveland’s successful bid for the Republican National Convention, and applications for medical marijuana cultivation and dispensary licenses. She also created automated forms for use by a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee to reduce errors and protect the estates from unnecessary costs and expenses for legal services.
One of her areas of expertise is negotiating commercial contracts, a skill she put to use as part of the team that created Cleveland’s winning bid to host the 2016 Republican National Convention and negotiated $16 million in convention-related hotel and venue contracts. But Jennifer has also worked closely with clients to protect their intellectual property and data security, secure services agreements and access tax credits for clients that fuel local economic development.
With an undergraduate degree in chemistry, Jennifer also excels in highly technical matters related to new innovations, intellectual property and other technologies. She leads the effort to expand the use of legal technology at KJK, and also chairs the Legal Technology Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
Outside of her work at KJK, Jennifer applies the same intellectual curiosity to her pastimes as she does in her legal work, enjoying boxing, yoga and reading about science.
“I like being able to take a deep dive into client matters. I get into the details and I feel comfortable with the highly technical elements of their cases.” – Jennifer M. Hart
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2012,
- Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, Managing Editor
- Election Law @ Moritz program
- Princeton University, A.B., Chemistry, 2009
- Greater Cleveland Sports Commission Associate Board, Member
- Moritz Student Peleton (team) Founder and Captain for Peletonia, a bike race to raise funds for research at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Princeton Association of Northern Ohio, Board Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Legal Technology Section, Chair
- Ohio State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Best Oralist, Sweet Sixteen Round, Herman Moot Court Competition, The Ohio State University
- “Don’t Get Caught by Phishing this Holiday Season,” Nov. 29, 2016
- “A Horse of a Different Color: Binding Arbitration and the FTC’s Interpretation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act’s ‘Informal Dispute Settlement Procedures,’” Mayhew Hite Report, Spring 2012
- Served as part of the team that created the winning bid to bring the 2016 Republican National Convention to Cleveland, including all legal work for the Cleveland 2016 Host Committee and Destination Cleveland
- Served as lead negotiator for $16M in hotel and venue contracts for Cleveland 2016 Host Committee, and worked with the committee’s insurers for the Cleveland 2016 Host Committee to analyze data privacy and cybersecurity risk
- Served as part of a team that negotiated a deal to create a campus for a national corporate headquarters in an historical building in a revitalized Cleveland neighborhood, with a focus on project management and securing historic tax credits
- Represented a website design company in a lawsuit alleging defects in the design of a website
- Negotiated a services agreement for a healthcare IT company with a major independent hospital system
- Assisted in negotiating supply and joint venture agreement for a major car battery manufacturer and services agreements for corporation providing background and security screenings nationwide
- Assists in a variety of cases involving intellectual property, including maintaining trademark portfolios and trademark docket for various clients, prosecuting applications for new trademarks and negotiating agreements to protect clients’ trade secrets