Janet handles some of KJK’s most procedurally and emotionally challenging civil litigation, including complex commercial litigation and domestic relations and family law. In both areas of her practice, she is experienced in conducting advanced research and writing on a variety of substantive topics.
She brings compassion and empathy to her work in domestic and family law, demonstrating good dedication to clients during what is often one of the most vulnerable times in a person’s life. Janet’s client-centered approach ensures that she serves not only as a zealous advocate but as an attentive listener and advisor.
Janet became an outspoken advocate for women’s rights while a student at The Ohio State University, particularly in the areas of domestic violence and human trafficking. She completed internships with the Action Ohio Coalition for Battered Women and the Ohio Governor’s Office for Women’s Initiatives and Outreach, and served as a volunteer guardian ad litem for children involved in neglect, abuse, and dependency cases through the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Franklin County.
“It’s very important when a client is going through a time of crisis to be able to rely on someone who can listen closely and empathize. They want someone who’s going to understand what they are going through and work hard for them.” – Janet Stewart
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2015, cum laude
- Articles Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- President, Women’s Legal Society
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2012, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- National Organization for Women, past Bylaws Chair and Legislative Liaison
- Ohio NOW Education and Legal Fund, Secretary and Bylaws Chair
- Women’s Legal Society, past president
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus Domestic Team, intern, summer 2013
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Lawyers as Leaders, Spring 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Commercial Paper, Fall 2014
- Public Service Fellow with Dean’s Special Recognition, The Ohio State University