Heather has more than two decades of experience handling all aspects of civil litigation, ranging from initial investigations and trial preparation to depositions and jury trials. With a particular expertise in construction-related matters, Heather has handled insurance coverage issues and claims of bad faith, premises liability, property damage and construction disputes.
Heather is known among her clients as an attorney who thinks creatively about every case, never taking a one-size-fits-all legal approach. A former collegiate volleyball and basketball player and today an avid golfer, Heather puts her competitive nature to work in finding a winning approach that’s right for each client, whether that means seeking a settlement or taking a case to trial. Having worked both in law firms and as a sole practitioner, Heather has the skills of a generalist with the attention to detail of a specialist.
In addition to practicing in Ohio State Courts, Heather is also admitted to practice in the U.S. Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court, giving her the ability to see every case through each stage of litigation to resolution.
- Capital University Law School, J.D.
- Washington and Jefferson College, B.A., Psychology, with minor in Sociology
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA)
- Co-chair of Construction Law Committee
- Ohio State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Provided defense in State and Federal courts of insurance companies in breach of contract and bad faith litigation
- Defended homeowners and condominium associations in litigation involving claims of breach of contract
- Provided defense of individuals and businesses regarding premises liability claims
- Provided defense of businesses in litigation involving claims of construction defects
- Provided defense of restaurant/bars regarding dram shop claims and liquor liability
- Provided defense of individuals and businesses in cases involving wrongful death claims