As part of KJK’s Real Estate Practice Group, Amanda brings nearly 10 years of experience in the legal industry. She works with both large and small businesses on a wide variety of real estate matters, including purchase and sale agreements, leases, closings and title and survey review. She is also skilled in negotiations related to the acquisition and disposition of real estate properties.
Amanda has expertise working in numerous legal capacities, ranging from her tenure as an in-house attorney for a publicly-traded real estate investment corporation and in a real estate law practice within a small boutique firm. As a result of that expertise, Amanda is relied upon for her dependability, efficiency and ability to take on even the most complex matters.
Amanda is a Northeast Ohio native who makes frequent use of the Cleveland Metroparks, especially kayaking on the Cuyahoga River.
“I bring the perspective of having worked in law firms and in-house to my work for clients. I can quickly determine my clients’ goals and how we can provide counsel that’s right for their unique needs.” – Amanda D. Lauer
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- Akron Tax Journal, managing editor
- Akron Law Review, associate editor
- Kent State University, B.A., Business Administration, 2009
- Berea Animal Rescue Fund, volunteer
- College Now Greater Cleveland, volunteer and mentor
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank, member of young professionals group YP Pantry
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, volunteer
- Ohio Bar Association
- Ohio State Courts
- Works with both small and large corporations in handling negotiations, research, document drafting and document review
- Drafts real estate documents including purchase and sale agreements, deeds, lease agreements, amendments, consent letters, guarantees, tenant notice letters and others
- Conducts negotiations and due diligence in real estate closings, including reviews of titles and surveys, site-specific studies, licenses and review of existing lease documentation