KJK’s Economic Development Practice Group provides a wide breadth of services to businesses looking to establish, expand, consolidate or relocate; developers planning their next big project; or municipalities seeking to attract such businesses and developers. Drawing upon deep experience in real estate, land acquisition and leasing, financing, contract negotiation, compliance, general corporate law and more, KJK’s Economic Development professionals manage projects that help businesses and communities thrive. KJK’s team also works to help finance and grow early-stage companies.
From structuring a deal to securing project financing to negotiating construction agreements and managing build-out, KJK’s Economic Development team offers start-to-finish project management. We help businesses in a variety of industries and of all sizes, from start-ups to middle market companies to large corporations. As a firm with proud roots in Cleveland, our civic commitment is strong, devoted to the growth and prosperity of our local communities and the entire state of Ohio.
Our services include:
- Advising businesses and communities on growth and expansion opportunities
- Making critical connections with public officials at the state, county and municipal levels
- Assisting in site selection and facilitating land assembly
- Providing comprehensive knowledge of complex economic incentives
- Positioning a project to maximize available financing opportunities, and helping businesses close the financing gap by combining public and private financing from multiple sources
- Negotiating and closing public and/or private financing no matter how complex the capital stack
- Assisting with bidding and selection of, and negotiating contracts with, architects, construction managers, design-builders and other contractors
- Coordinating all aspects of permitting, land use, utilities, infrastructure and government approvals
- Advising on compliance and reporting requirements
- Managing post-closing restructuring