Experiencing turnover of just one employee can cost an employer tens of thousands of dollars in both direct costs and loss of productivity, according to data models created by the Society of Human Resources Management. On the flip side, utilizing best practices in employment to reduce turnover can result in significant benefit to an employer’s bottom line.
On May 17, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., KJK Partner Rob Gilmore, who leads the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group, will present a seminar titled “Avoiding the High Cost of Employee Turnover – Hiring, Retention and Termination Best Practices” to the Ohio Chamber of Commerce Symposium. The event is located at The University of Akron Wayne College in Orrville. Rob will discuss such issues as:
- Best practices to avoid costly employee turnover
- Hiring strategies for attracting and keeping top talent
- Recent legislation surrounding the “Ban the Box” movement
- Creating meaningful training programs and performance feedback
- Effective incentive strategies for employees at all levels
- Termination tactics to protect yourself against legal action
Click here for more details and to register for this event. To learn more about creating best practices to help you reduce costly turnover, contact Rob Gilmore at 216.736.7240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.