On Dec. 7, the National Business Institute will host a Divorce Law Boot Camp in Cleveland with a faculty of divorce law veterans that includes KJK Partner Jim Lane, one of only a few attorneys in Ohio to have earned the designation of Certified Family Relations Law Specialist.
Designed for attorneys, accountants and paralegals, this day-long seminar will cover best practices in divorce law, including client intake, motions in divorce, negotiating final settlements, managing parental concerns, and more.
Jim will present insights in the area of “Discovery Procedure and Finding Hidden Assets” including:
- Disclosure Requirements
- Timing and Scope of Discovery
- Effective Interrogatories, Requests for Production, Requests for Admissions
- Responses and Objections
- Subpoenas to Banks, Phone Companies, Social Media Companies, etc.
- Depositions in Divorce
- Social Media, Email, Smartphone Evidence, etc.
- Finding Undisclosed/Hidden Assets: Tips and Techniques
- Sample Discovery Requests and Checklists
Jim will also provide perspectives on using divorce experts, including tips for direct and cross examination of accountants, appraisers, business valuators, custody evaluators, guardians ad litem and more.
Click here for more information or to register for this National Business Institute event.