We offer competitive starting salaries for first-year associates and maintain that competitiveness throughout an associate’s career.
Associates receive formal annual performance reviews. Base salaries are not in lockstep, and increases are determined by ability and effort. In addition to base salary, we pay merit-based bonuses to reward outstanding contributions and achievements.
We provide a comprehensive benefit program for our employees and we have programs that can supplement certain employer-paid benefits.
Our benefits include:
- group health (medical and dental) insurance for which we currently pay 63% of the coverage cost and the employee pays 37%;
- group life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance and long-term disability insurance for which we pay 100%;
- a self-directed 401(k) salary deferral program; and
- a profit-sharing contribution into a tax deferred savings account of 5% of earned income which vests over the same period of service as the 401(k).
Our supplemental programs include:
- a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan allowing for pre-tax dollar payment for dependent care expenses;
- an individual life insurance program that “piggy backs” with our group life program; and
- the option for us to pay parking or mass transit as part of a compensation package or to pay parking or mass transit with Section 125 pre-tax dollars.
In addition, we also pay bar association dues, bar registration fees and CLE costs.