As a member of KJK’s Litigation Practice, Kesha brings over 10 years of litigation expertise, with particular experience in insurance-related cases, including subrogation-specific issues like notice requirements and statute interpretation pertinent to insurance and subrogation matters. She also served for several years as compliance officer for her previous firm, giving her deep knowledge in such areas as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
As a result of her years working on the plaintiff side of such cases, Kesha now brings special insights to her work on behalf of defendants. She’s valued by her clients for her ability to find creative solutions to legal matters, and for her down-to-earth manner that makes cases easy to understand for clients and juries.
Kesha is an active supporter of the Fisher House Foundation, which operates a national network of homes where military and veterans’ families can stay while their loved one receives medical treatment.
“I’m able to think outside the box seeing issues which may not be obvious at first glance, and explain things in such a way that clients and juries can easily understand them.” – Kesha D. Kinsey
- Capital University Law School, J.D., 2006
- Marshall University, B.A., Criminal Justice, 2002
- Fisher House Foundation, volunteer and donor
- Ohio State Courts
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- Southern District of Ohio
- Northern District of Ohio
- Northern District of Indiana
- Southern District of Indiana
- “The CSI Effect on Juries” National Association of Subrogation Professionals, Nov. 2015
- Expertise in litigation and legal matters including subrogation-specific issues, such as notice
requirements and statute interpretation pertinent to insurance and subrogation
- Handle litigation of creditor’s rights actions, including preparation of complaints, preparing discovery for opposing parties, answering discovery received from opposing parties, drafting of judgment motions and any post-judgment remedies
- Served as compliance offer overseeing collectors through live monitoring and recordings of calls to ensure compliance with state, federal and internal regulations
- Represented a client to obtain a six-figure settlement in a building fire case against contractor for negligence