Frank advises businesses of all sizes and at all stages with matters of corporate compliance, mergers and acquisitions, financing and intellectual property. His areas of expertise include assisting start-up entrepreneurs with business formation and equity or debt financing, negotiating agreements with strategic partners or investors, managing clients’ trademarks and copyrights, and negotiating complex business transactions.
Among his clients are non-profits, sole proprietorships, closely held companies, family-owned businesses and private equity clients, with a particular specialization in middle-market companies with $10 million to $100 million in annual revenues.
Frank brings a unique skill set to his legal work as a result of his 10 years working in management consulting with Ernst & Young prior to beginning his legal practice. That experience contributed to his comprehensive approach to serving clients by taking into consideration all of a business’s needs, not just its legal matters. He also has expertise in working with companies serving global markets, including compliance matters relating to European Union directives, as related to internet privacy and cyber security.
Frank has a passion for helping entrepreneurs and small businesses, and has presented to and advised LaunchHouse and Bad Girl Ventures, two Northeast Ohio non-profits that provide acceleration and seed funding to start-ups.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- Journal of Law and Health, Research Editor
- Ohio University, B.A., 1991
- Kenston Community Education’s Ski Club
- Musical Arts Association of Kenston, volunteer and donor
- RePlay for Kids, adviser to board of directors
- First Unitarian Church of Cleveland, former board member and current member of nominating committee
- Junior Achievement of Cleveland, volunteer
- LaunchHouse, frequent presenter
- BadGirl Ventures, mentor and instructor
- Lake Taylor Colony Homeowners’ Association, board member
- Baldwin Wallace College of Business
- Adjunct Professor
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Courts
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards, Mergers & Acquisitions and Law, Literature & Film
- “The Future of Corporate Social Reporting: The Health and Wellness of Human Capital as Indicators of a Company’s Financial Well Being,” Journal of Law and Health, 2007
- Negotiated an agreement between a client provider of analytic personality tests and related services and the National Football League affiliate that hosts the collegiate combine
- Represented a private equity buyer in connection with its leveraged buyout of a personal care and travel products distribution business
- Represented a closely-held chemical distributor in its acquisition of a controlling-interest in a complementary distribution business
- Represented two private equity companies in the $140 million sale of an aviation logistics business with international operations
- Represented a publicly-held manufacturer in a $413 million “going-private” sale of the company
- Negotiated and drafted all transaction documents for affiliation between two private Northeast Ohio child welfare agencies/nonprofits, including drafting an affiliation agreement, new articles of incorporation and codes of regulations for both entities and their shared supporting organization
- Drafted and negotiated asset purchase agreement between local non-profit franchisees of larger national non-profit
- Represented a nonprofit religious publishing organization and its founders in a sale of all intellectual property assets to a large national Catholic nonprofit organization