As part of KJK’s litigation practice team, Caitlin puts her skills in research, writing and legal analysis to work in serving a wide variety of corporate clients, including those involved in oil and gas, construction, healthcare, and real estate.
Prior to joining KJK, Caitlin was a law clerk for the Honorable Melody J. Stewart at the Ohio Court of Appeals Eighth Appellate District. While there she researched and drafted opinions on a wide variety of complex commercial litigation cases involving multiple parties, including cases related to construction law and contract disputes. Her previous experience includes legal writing, editing, research and due diligence in both government and corporate environments.
In her spare time, Caitlin enjoys visiting America’s National Parks, drawing with her friends at the Murray Hill Art Group, and volunteering at her alma mater, the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, where she serves as a coach for the school’s Interscholastic Moot Court Team.
“It’s always my goal to look at each case in an innovative way to find a solution that others might not have thought of. Even if that approach doesn’t take me where I expected, I always learn more about a case in the process.” – Caitlin E. Hill
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, J.D., 2014 magna cum laude
- The Cleveland State Journal of Law and Health, executive editor
- Cleveland-Marshall Interscholastic Moot Court Team, chairperson
- The Ohio State University, B.A., Journalism and International Studies, 2011
- Phi Sigma Pi Honors Fraternity
- Leadership Lake County
- Moot Court Coach, Cleveland-Marshall Interscholastic Moot Court Team
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- C-M Law Alumni Association
- American Constitution Society
- Ohio State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- James A. Bartolozzi Moot Court Award for Outstanding Service
- Best Oral Advocate, 45th Annual Moot Court Night
- Kenneth Weinberg Moot Court Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- CALI Excellence for the Future High-A Award in Pre-Trial Practice
- Researched and drafted opinions for appellate court on complex commercial litigation cases involving multiple parties, including cases related to construction law and contract disputes.
- Assisted well-known criminal defense attorney with book writing, editing and research in the field of cyber crime
- Worked with in-house corporate counsel at a Fortune 500 manufacturer on such projects as litigation discovery, merger and acquisition due diligence, and accounting of unclaimed corporate property.