We fulfill the changing needs of our clients in today’s rapidly evolving technological environment. We counsel both emerging and established companies engaged in technology-related businesses such as telecommunications, software development and e-business. We are also experienced in assisting traditional brick-and-mortar businesses with their technology and web-related needs.
Our technology and intellectual property counseling services include patent licensing, trademark, copyright and trade secret protection and defense. We assist our clients in maximizing the value of their technology and intellectual property assets through management, licensing and other strategic agreements. In an increasingly global market, we provide solutions for our clients’ trademark, trade dress, unfair competition, Internet, and trade secret concerns. We also provide counseling and advice on data mining, taxation and outsourcing issues.
The services our technology and intellectual property attorneys have provided include:
- Representing a publicly-traded provider of B2B e-commerce services to the travel industry
- Defending First Amendment political campaign rights against claims of trademark and copyright infringement
- Representing a private company engaged in multimedia compression, bandwidth streaming and distribution of video and audio over the Internet
- Securing trademark, copyright and trade dress protection for cosmetic and spa product lines
- Representing an Internet subsidiary of a publicly-held insurance company (a B2B e-commerce agent exchange providing insurance products over the Internet) in its formation and assisting with its initial financing
- Intellectual property estate valuation
- Advising universities with respect to procedures and policies for academic inventions and joint development with industry associations
- Advising a manufacturing company in the direct public offering of its stock over the Internet
- Advising a software developer with respect to protecting and licensing its products
- Representing an Internet start-up having a valuation in excess of $40 million in its formation and assisting it with its first and second rounds of financing
- Serving as securities counsel to a publicly-held provider of discount and on-line brokerage and related financial services
- Representing a public company engaged in the construction, financing and operating of wireless communication systems throughout the United States, and advising it regarding a three-party consolidation of telecommunications businesses
For more information about our technology and intellectual property practice, please contact David R. Posteraro at 216-736-7218 or email@example.com.