We practice sophisticated, result-oriented litigation. Our approach mirrors the firm’s overall philosophy of providing innovative representation that recognizes business realties and is both economical and responsive to our clients’ individual needs.
The lawyers in our litigation practice group have experience in the successful resolution of a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters, including construction, contracts, creditor disputes, employment issues, fraud, securities and shareholder litigation.
We are also experienced in representing national broker-dealers, clearing firms and individual brokers in securities arbitration work and other regulators.
Though we regularly win substantial victories for our clients, success is often measured by business decisions that impact how a client should proceed. Our attorneys understand that litigation can be time-consuming, emotionally stressful and expensive. Accordingly, we can often prevent a lawsuit through judicious negotiation and counseling.
Our successes include:
- Successfully represented insiders of public company in shareholder lawsuit involving the sale of a public company
- Successfully represented an ousted company president and shareholder in a fraud action against an acquiring shareholder
- Represented the State of Ohio Department of Insurance in formulating, presenting and obtaining approval of an insolvent insurance company’s rehabilitation plan
- Obtained temporary restraining order preventing dissident shareholders of a publicly held company from voting their shares at a shareholder meeting in violation of contractual obligation
- Successfully represented medical supply company and lessor of MRI equipment against hospital/lessee that breached long term equipment lease
- Obtained seven figure award in California arbitration against Fortune 100 company in claim involving breach of contract and fraud in the sale of an aerospace subsidiary
- Gained multiple victories in injunction cases brought to enforce anti-competition clauses in employment agreements
- Obtained dismissal of securities arbitration cases against national broker-dealers and individual brokers based upon claims of unsuitability and fraud
- Significant return for not-profit institutions involved in investments of CDO’s
- Represented national broker-dealer and broker against claims by broker’s wife who alleged fraud, theft and mismanagement of inheritance
- Successful representation of New York artist wrongfully induced to become a limited partner in a fraudulent hedge fund investment
For more information about our litigation practice, please contact Brett Krantz at 216-736-7238 or email@example.com.