We understand the healthcare industry and the challenges facing healthcare providers, suppliers and insurers in this changing legal environment. We provide advice and counsel to all types of healthcare providers, suppliers and payers, including hospitals; physicians and other individual medical care providers; free-standing providers such as surgery centers; home health organizations; facilities meeting the needs of aging adults; businesses that supply equipment and technology to healthcare providers; and health insurance companies and managed care companies.
We assist our healthcare clients in a wide range of issues from start-up (choosing the best business structure, creating new ventures, and assisting in securing capital) to operations (governance, employment, intellectual property, patient care issues, contracting and regulatory issues), to termination and other changes in structure (merger and acquisitions, divestitures and bankruptcy). Our litigation team also stands ready to meet clients’ needs when issues cannot otherwise be resolved.
Many of our attorneys have served as counsel inside hospitals, payers and other healthcare businesses and we understand firsthand the constraints placed on our clients for time and resources.
Our attorneys are actively involved in healthcare and other specialty legal associations and regularly speak and write on issues of importance to healthcare clients so we can bring this expertise to our clients when they need it.
The services our attorneys have recently provided include:
- Serving as legal counsel to the City of Cleveland in the proposed $425 million redevelopment of the City’s Convention Center and the world’s first Medical Mart, a series of showrooms for medical device, pharmaceutical, hospital, medical colleges, and other medical-related companies;
- Assisting a manufacturer and distribution of medical devices to go public;
- Servicing as hospital counsel for a variety of credit facilities with lending institutions;
- Assisting with Joint Commission survey readiness;
- Handling peer review matters from initial investigations through full hearings;
- Assisting healthcare providers in joining together to create a network of providers;
- Qualifying healthcare providers for federal and state tax-exempt status;
- Assisting a publicly-held medical insurance holding company to acquire additional medical insurance companies with combined assets of more than $650 million;
- Advising stockholders of a company providing billing services to the healthcare industry in a $90 million sale and recapitalization transaction;
- Representing a start-up firm that has developed a preventive and predictive medical imaging platform;
- Counseling an operator of dialysis centers in connection with various aspects of its business, including a joint venture with a national dialysis service provider;
- Representing a start-up teleradiology company in raising capital, key client and service agreements, and corporate structure;
- Advising a provider of medical imaging equipment and services in connection with all aspects of its business;
- Assisting employer with strategies to avoid union organization.
For more information about our healthcare practice, please contact Susan O. Scheutzow at 216-736-7228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.