Our attorneys represent companies engaged in all segments of the energy industry, including oil and natural gas production, transportation, distribution and marketing, coal extraction and transportation, and alternative energy production, such as wind farming and production of synthetic crude oil. We represent clients throughout the country with a focus on Northeast Ohio. Recent development of the Utica and Marcellus shales in Ohio and neighboring states has presented particularly wide-ranging and complex legal issues. We employ a multi-disciplinary approach to counseling our energy clients and can provide a full range of services including entity formation and organization, financing, acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions and contract matters.
Engagements representative of our energy and utilities practice include:
- Assisting a publicly-held diversified natural gas utility with $38 million in strategic acquisitions of other natural gas utility businesses
- Counseling a start-up synthetic oil company regarding its capitalization, energy marketing agreements and protection of proprietary technology
- Representing a publicly-held utility holding company in a $21 million secondary offering of primary and secondary shares
- Preparing wind turbine leases in Ohio for a national wind farming business
- Representing a publicly-held natural gas utility in its expansion through several Marcellus Shale projects
- Advising a start-up wind energy company exploring the feasibility of locating wind turbines in Lake Erie
- Representing a publicly-held natural gas utility company in a $15 million rights of offering
- Assisting an alternative energy company obtain Ohio technology tax credits
- Advising a dissident shareholder in successful proxy contests for control of publicly-held utility companies
For more information about our energy and utilities practice, please contact either Kevin T. O’Connor at 216-736-7213 or email@example.com, or Christopher J. Hubbert at 216-736-7215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.