Our attorneys engage in a diverse and sophisticated corporate practice involving the representation of a diverse range of public and private corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and individuals.
We counsel clients conducting business transactions in the United States and abroad. Our services run the gamut from formation and capitalization of start-up companies, private equity funds and fundless sponsors, venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and recapitalizations to succession planning for closely-held businesses.
We also assist our clients in all aspects of their day-to-day business that require legal attention, including advising them as to their corporate governance and structure, preparing employment agreements, advising shareholders in buy-sell agreements and disputes, negotiating contracts with customers, suppliers and distributors, preparing confidentiality agreements, advising on executive compensation matters, and dealing with government agencies on regulatory matters.
Engagements representative of our corporate practice include the following:
Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Representing two private equity companies in the $140 million sale of an aviation logistics business with international operations
- Assisting a private equity sponsor with leveraged recapitalizations and consolidations of several leading privately-held clinical drug testing companies in transactions totaling $126 million
- Representing a $25 million fund formed to invest in middle market wholesale distribution and logistics organizations
- Assisting a private equity group with the $22 million leveraged recapitalization of a consumer products company located in the Southeastern U.S.
- Representing a fundless sponsor in a $21 million leveraged acquisition of a national retailer of patio and outdoor furnishings
- Aiding in the formation of a $15 million fund that invests in Israeli technology companies with operations in the Great Lakes Region
- Representing a private equity group in the acquisition of a leading provider of airport ground handling services to the air cargo industry
- Aiding the purchaser of an offshore trust administration company that has branches in the Bahamas, Geneva, Jersey and Canada
- Counseling a portfolio company in connection with the strategic add-on acquisition of a competitor that had filed for bankruptcy protection
- Representing a publicly-held maker of friction materials and parts in a sale of the company for $413 million
- Advising a publicly-held manufacturer with net sales in excess of $200 million in the formation and acquisition of businesses located in the United States and abroad
- Counseling a leading manufacturer of aerospace components in the negotiation of long-term supply agreements
- Advising a publicly-held manufacturer in the $94 million sale of a primary business segment with operations in China
- Representing a privately-held holding company in the acquisition of several steel foundries with combined assets valued at more than $80 million
- Representing a leading manufacturer of traction motors and electric coils for rail and power generation markets in the sale of its business
- Structuring the leveraged buyout of a privately-held plastics company with multiple locations in the Eastern U.S.
- Advising a leading supplier of military and emergency preparedness rations, food product contract manufacturing services and foodservice products
- Advising a publicly-held retail supermarket in its merger with one of the largest privately-held retail supermarkets
- Counseling a large regional beer and wine distributor with over $57 million of acquisitions of competing distributors
- Representing the owners of a direct marketer of women's apparel, cosmetics and accessories, health-related merchandise and discount buying clubs in a $49 million leveraged buyout
- Representing a client in connection with the acquisition, growth and sale of a multi-state chain of retail optical stores
- Assisting stockholders with the sale of a privately-held newspaper company for $37 million
- Assisting a business owner with a $30 million sale of multiple auto dealerships
- Acting as counsel to a family business in the sale of a regional chain of 55 service stations and convenience stores
- Representing the leading provider of radio systems for police, fire and other first responders in procurement of government contracts
- Representing a public company engaged in the construction and operation of wireless communication systems throughout the United States
- Representing a provider of web-based data services for financial institutions in its first several rounds of equity financing
- Advising a startup company in raising capital to support its integrated network video solutions business
- Counseling a startup provider of business continuity, disaster avoidance and recovery services and colocation solutions and technologies
- Acting as counsel to a provider of web-based employment screening solutions
- Assisting a publicly-held diversified natural gas utility with $38 million in strategic acquisitions of other natural gas utility businesses
- Counseling a start-up synthetic oil company regarding its capitalization, energy marketing agreements and protection of proprietary technology
- Representing a publicly-held natural gas utility in its expansion through several Marcellus Shale projects
- Advising a start-up wind energy company exploring the feasibility of locating wind turbines in Lake Erie
- Assisting a publicly-held medical insurance holding company to acquire additional medical insurance companies with combined assets of more than $650 million
- Advising stockholders of a company providing billing services to the health care industry in a $90 million sale and recapitalization transaction
- Representing a start-up teleradiology company in raising capital, key client and service agreements, and corporate structure
For more information about our corporate practice, please contact either Steven C. Bersticker at 216-736-7219 or email@example.com, or Marc C. Krantz at 216-736-7204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.