We counsel financial institutions, non-bank secured creditors, borrowers and junior lenders, both private and institutional, in a broad range of finance transactions.
We advise both borrowers and lenders in all types of senior, subordinated and mezzanine debt transactions, both on a secured and unsecured basis. Our attorneys are well-versed in complex debt and capital structures, and have analyzed, negotiated and documented all aspects of finance transactions, including asset based financing, floor plan financing, structured and leveraged finance, real estate finance, multiple tranche debt, intercreditor agreements, workouts, ESOP loans, healthcare finance, bridge loans, letter of credit facilities, interest rate swaps and other interest rate hedges. We are also experienced in structuring transactions involving historical tax credits, new market tax credits and other governmental financial incentives.
Engagements representative of our commercial finance practice include:
- Advising a publicly-held manufacturer with net sales in excess of $200 million and businesses located in the United States and abroad in connection with all of its financing needs
- Representing a California-based private equity fund with the $40 million refinancing of a portfolio company, including a $17 million dividend recapitalization
- Counseling a national retailer of consumer fireworks in the reformation of a syndicated bank group valued at $65 million and the raising of $10 million in related mezzanine junior secured debt
- Advising a leading provider of airport ground handling services to the air cargo industry in a $25 million financing
- Representing borrowers in structured financings of commercial real estate, such as commercial mortgage securitization transactions ranging from $5 million to over $25 million
- Advising a national bank in a $23 million multi-credit facility provided to a manufacturer of automated packaging systems
- Representing the State of Ohio in a variety of Chapter 166 economic development loans
- Counseling a privately-held plastics company in the workout of defaults under loan agreements for $33 million of senior and subordinated debt
- Assisting medical professionals in a note participation financing transaction providing unsecured capital to facilitate the permanent refinancing of a medical building
- Advising a senior lender in a stand-by bond purchase agreement and related unsecured revolving credit facility to finance a private higher education facility
- Representing secured and unsecured convertible note holders in their investments in an early growth stage zero emission vehicle manufacturer
- Representing a national banking institution in connection with a forbearance agreement, deed-in lieu and receivership of a distressed apartment complex
- Negotiating complex subordination agreements and intercreditor agreements involving secured and unsecured parties in multi-tiered tranches of debt
- Reviewing and negotiating complex credit agreements and all types of related security instruments for financing transactions involving various types of borrowers, including manufacturers, distributors, service and leasing companies and utilities
- Counseling borrowers in complex alternative financing facilities, including private and institutional mezzanine loan and note purchase transactions
- Representing multiple types of borrowers in connection with loan workouts, forbearance agreements and third party refinancings of distressed real estate and commercial loans
For more information about our commercial finance practice, please contact Anne T. Corrigan at (216) 736-7227 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Marc C. Krantz at (216) 736-7204 or email@example.com.